Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

The joy of a hot bod!


Yes, I am not only the photographer for Full Body Fitness Studio but a member as well!

It has been almost a year since I have given up on my fitness routines. I can actually give an exact date since it was the moment I unexpectantly lost my Dad. To be precise, May 30, 2009. The following months were a blur and soon enough the holiday season was upon me and I was completely in fitness denial. I had stopped caring, running, working out, and paying attention the foods that went in my mouth. (sometimes smeared all over my face if I was really enjoying it). By the end of the year I was in shock to how much strength and muscle tone I had lost. I knew my clothes were tighter than spandex on a sumo wrestler but like I said before, I was in fitness denial.

Serena was a friend to my Dad. He liked her spunk and dedication. She was also a friend to me. I had taught a Zumba class while pregnant with my second boy and then an Iron Chick class prior to my Dad's passing. It was a very easy decision to go to her for help.

My first day of class was extremely challenging and had me making silly comments at my own expense while I was huffing and puffing to push-ups and other strength training exercises that used to be cake walks. (try to avoid the vision of cake smeared all over my face) Beyond that small dissapointment of letting myself go so long without fitness, there was Serena smiling at me saying, "You can do this...don't give up". Her quips remind me that its okay where I was as long as I am moving towards something better. Serena can motivate you. Well, look at her! Aren't those abs motivation enough?

I am weak, out of shape, and have lack of energy but I am doing something about it! I will become stronger, healthier, and gain back all the energy I lost. Plus I will stop eating a full pizza in one sitting! Oops, did I write that? My bad.

Needless to say its my second week of training. I am already stronger! Seriously, one week and I feel amazing! I can't wait until six more weeks pass and I can save the huffing and puffing for running 5K's again. Thanks Serena and Viki!


Full Body Fitness Studio

Serena Dickerson (certified personal trainer & certified yoga & group fitness instructor)

175 Nunn Jent Road

Marion, KY 42064

270-704-1871

No comments:

Post a Comment